Cervical cancer can always been prevented Just by having a regular Liquid base Pap smear Test.
Facts about Pap Smear Kit
Pap Smear kit is not a test for diagnosis of cervical cancer. It is the test to check the health of the Cervix , which is the lower part of the womb.1 in every 20 women , Pap smear test show some changes in cells morphology.
Pap smear is also a test for human papillomavirus(HPV). Certain types of HPV can cause abnormal changes in the cervical and might also lead to cervical cancer.
Importance to Pap Smear Test Kit
Cervical cancer can often be prevented. The signs that it may develop can be spotted early on so it can be stopped before it even gets started. However many of those who develop it have not been screened regularly. Not going for cervical screening is one of the biggest risk factors for developing cervical cancer.
Timing of Pap Smear
- Women Should not be tested during periods.
- Pap smear should be done before or after a period is due. The best time is in the middle of the Menstrual Cycle. (eg. If a women’s menstrual cycle is 4 weeks, 2 weeks after the first day of her last period).
- It is recommended that women aged 20-65 years old, who are sexually active should have pap smear test initially yearly for 2years, if both tests are normal, they should have Pap smear test every 3 years.
- In general, doctors recommend beginning Pap testing at age 21.
- If women have certain risk factors, doctors may recommend more-frequent Pap smears, regardless of age. These risk factors include:
- A diagnosis of cervical cancer or a Pap smear that showed precancerous cells
- Exposure to diethylstilbestrol (DES) before birth
- HIV infection
- Weakened immune system due to organ transplant, chemotherapy, or chronic corticosteroid use
- A history of smoking
- To make a pap smear as accurate as possible, for 48 hours before the test, Do Not:
- Have SEX
- Use Tampons
- Use vaginal Lubrication
- Inserts cream, suppositories, or medication into the vagina.
- Use Vaginal spray or powder.
liqui PAP- cytosave (Pap Smear Kit)
- SAR PAP cytosave is the hustle free and accurate solution for cervical cancer testing. Our pap smear kit is designed according to the significant benefits over conventional pap testing. The cyto-brush provided in the kit helps easy, quick and painless sample collection. The sample collection liquid is specially designed and laboratory tested by our dedicated R&D team. SAR PAP cytosave solution give a proper suspension to the cells in the sample, and helps to keep the cell morphology intact. Cells get less damage with very minimize wastage of the sample which is very helpful in accurate analysis of the cancer cells.
- Liquid-based cytology is a technique that enables cells to be suspended in a monolayer and thus better morphological assessment is possible. Thus PAP cytosave test have more benefits than traditional Pap smear procedure. We offers two types of liquid solution according to the need of the test, C3H80 base and C2H5OH based. Our PAP cytosave collection medium is the perfect blend composition of NaCl, Na3C6H5O7, CH2O and IP/EtoH for the precise analysis of cancer cells.
Why SAR’s PAP CYTOSAVE SOLUTION
- Accurate result
- Hustle free transportation
- Easy painless sample collection
- An adequate amount of sample is collected
- Sample can be ship in room temperature
- Two variety of sample collection Liqui PAP is accessible
Instructions to Use Pap Smear Kit:
- Assemble collection devices
- Obtain an adequate sampling from the endocervix using an endocervical brush device. Insert the brush into the endocervical canal until only the bottom-most fibers are exposed. Slowly rotate ¼ or ½ turn in a clockwise direction. DO NOT OVER ROTATE
- Rinse the brush in the solution vial by rotating the device in the solution 10 times while pushing against the vial wall. Swirl the brush vigorously to further release material. Discard the brush
- Label the vial with patient details and Send labeled specimen vial and completed request form to the laboratory for processing. No refrigeration of the specimen is necessary.
Useful for both pap test as well as HPV test