Viral Transport Medium KitCOVID-19 Testing Essential for Effective Diagnosis and Appropriate Treatment.
With an increasing need for an extensive diagnosis of SARS-CoV2 during this global pandemic, the effective confirmatory diagnosis of COVID-19 infections by cell culture relies heavily on the careful and aseptic collection of specimens. This is where specialized Viral transport medium kit (VTM KITS) plays its role to protect the virus from environmental damage and maintain its activity with the adequate sustainable transport system.
In order to do sterility checks, CDC recommends the use of a blood agar plate for checking microbial growth upon incubation. In the case of viral transport medium kit aliquot (small portion) storage, the optimal storage period of 48 hours-96 hours, the sterile media should be stored at 2 to 8 degrees Celsius temperature without freezing. And for a greater period of storage, the vials can be stored at -20 degree Celsius until used but one should avoid the freeze-thaw cycles at any cost.
Over the years, diverse transport media have been formulated including the early bacterial transport broth or nutrient broth. Although few swab-tube combinations have proven to be both effective and convenient, swabs that are toxic to the virus or culture should be avoided. Among liquid-based transport media, sucrose-based and broth-based media appear to be the most popular whereas some labs even use E-MEM media with sterile PBS.
Viral transport medium kit Guidelines by WHO and CDC
During the light of COVID-19 pandemic, specialized transport media allow more effective usage of the virus culture prior to diagnosis. Word Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recently brought out certain guidelines for VTM KITS preparation to encourage various labs in preparation for efficient transport medium for viruses.
How is Viral transport medium Kit effective for SARS-CoV-2 Transport?
The Transport medium essential nutritional components and pH makes it the ideal culture medium for transporting viral specimen from a patient’s body to the testing lab. HBSS media, a modified and enriched with BSA, cysteine, gelatin, sucrose and glutamic acid, help in maintaining the viability & sensitivity of the corona virus during its transport. The Viral transport medium kit is also needs to be made selective to inhibit various bacterial or fungal growth by adding Vancomycin, Amphotericin B and Gentamycin. The medium is designed to be biocompatible with primary cell cultures. Glucose in the media further facilitates virus viability when stored at lower temperatures for longer period of time. Generally, VTM KITS comes with Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal swabs for collection which is followed by an immediate placing of the swabs into the sterile tubes
containing the medium for maintaining optimal viral load.
Essential Components of Viral transport medium kit :
- Appropriate Base Media
- Potency of Anti-Biotics.
- Sterile Leakage Free Tube.
- Sterile Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal swabs
How each Components are Beneficial for an Effective Diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Appropriate Base Media : Base Media is very essential for VTM KITS because its improve the viability and growth of the specimen along with stabilizing the pH & osmolarity.
- Potency of Antibiotic: Potency of the Antibiotics is very much crucial as it helps to avoid contamination from bacterial and fungal origin.
- Cryoprotectant: The medium should also contain a cryoprotectant which helps in preserving the viruses, if specimens are frozen for prolonged storage.
- Sterile Leakage Free Tube : Sterility of the tube and leakage proof tubes are one of the most essential part in VTM KITS production and choosing the right brand, the reason being so is –
a. It reduces the chance of microbe contamination.
b. Reduces the media loss, as for an effective viral growth 3ml media should be required and if it bleeds out from the tube the test cannot be conducted properly.
c. Size and shape of the tube are equally essential as it should be sufficient to accommodate the swabs which contain the viral specimen easily.
- Sterile Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal swabs : Swabs are the most crucial part for collecting the viral sample and compromising on the same must have a compromise result, to avoid such situation one should see the following things before choosing the right swab.
- The length of the swab should be sufficient to reach the Oropharyngeal and Nasopharyngeal cavity.
- Swabs should be sterile otherwise there is a chance of false result.
- Swabs should have easy breakpoints to ease and safety of the collection person.
- Use of Nylon Swab tips are more effective at releasing cellular materials from the inner core compared to cotton swabs.
Why to choose SARC MEDIA VTM KITS kits:-
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) & National Institute of Virology (NIV) validated VTM KITS
- USFDA & WHO-CDC approved reagent of Viral transport medium (VTM KITS).
- Viral transport medium(VTM KITS) comes with 2 antibiotic combination for reducing the chances of contamination.
- Our viral transport medium contains Fetal Bovine serum(FBS) as cryoprotectant which helps the sample for prolonged storage.
- 2 Individually sterile packed medical grade Nylon flocked swabs for Oropharyngeal & Nasopharyngeal respectively.
- Only company to provide VTM KITS in Sterile internationally branded 15 ml conical centrifuge tubes like Falcon and Corning to provide assurance of leakage free transport.
- Only Manufacturer to provide one Bio-hazardous zip lock pouch for each tube as a part of the kit for safer transport.
- Kits manufactured in class 1000 environment for reducing the chances of contamination.
- Our manufacturing Facility is accredited by ISO 9001-2015, ISO 13485-2016, GMP and CE-IVD.
- Each Individual viral transport medium (VTM KITS) passes through stringent quality control parameters.
- Our Viral transport medium ( VTM KITS) comes in international standard packaging with 375 gsm box with internal double decker rack arrangements for ensuring tubes position during transport.
- We are the only manufacturer to provide 100 percent replacement guarantee of any SARC Media’s Viral transport medium (VTM KITS) kits received by our customers.
- SARC Media’s VTM KITS comes in uncompromised quality at most economical rate.
- SARC Media’s Viral transport medium kit (VTM KITS) is used by various NABL accredited labs across the country and awarded us performance testimonials.
So, if you want to know more about our product and attractive offers kindly visit our website : www.sarcellulabs.com or call us at 9667799904, 9667799903, 9667799902, 9667799901.